The Black Belt African American Genealogical and Historical Society is accepting proposals for presentations at our 6th annual conference and family history fair, February 17 & 18, 2012 in Historic Selma Alabama. nike dynamo free Nike Roshe Run Two homme Asics Gel Lyte 5 Femme Nike Free Rn Flyknit Uomo
The conference location is the Hank Sanders Technology Center at Wallace Community College Selma. Jackets insulated detachable New Balance 247 femme asics scarpe New Balance 577 femme fjällräven kånken No.2
The conference format includes a Friday evening pre-conference meet and greet event and Saturday morning and afternoon concurrent sessions with a keynote speaker and awards luncheon and an afternoon plenary session featuring a panel discussion exploring the dynamics of the great migration from the Black Belt and the motivations and consequences for those who left and for those who chose to stay. belstaff outlet online shop asics italia Parajumpers Femme Extra Long Nike TN Homme nike air max 2017 nero donna adidas stan smith mujer Proposed presentations should support the following conference goals:
- Promote the mission of BBAAGHS and stimulate thought, reflection and dialogue on the inspiration and wisdom to be gained from the knowledge of our heritage and genealogy in terms of present and future action for individuals and/or communities.
- Explore the proposition that: (1) there are positive and negative remnants of our heritage still impacting the African American community in significant ways; (2) knowledge of the collective African American heritage (as related through individual family histories) can be of benefit for the African American community to overcome the negative remnants and maximize the positive remnants; (3) strategies must be identified and implemented to maximize the positive remnants and overcome the negative remnants of our heritage in order to build a legacy for future generations.
Specific areas of focus for presentations include but are not limited to: The Black Belt as a Collage of Cultures – the intersection of African American, European and Native American peoples and their contributions, accomplishments and cultural influence on the region The Black Belt as a Repository of Resources – the wealth of natural, physical, genealogical and historical resources, well –known and little-known; The Black Belt as a Hallmark of History – the historically significant events of the region that shape past, present and future generations Proposals must include the following information:
- Title and brief abstract for a 60-minute presentation including a 10-minute question and answer session
- Format (PowerPoint, overhead, other )
- Description of target audience
- Audio-visual requirements
- Brief resume of your expertise and experience with presenting the topic you have selected
- Brief bio and photo for conference brochure (150 word limit)
- Complete contact information including email address, home and cell number
Out-of-state presenter honorarium is $100. bns gold asics scarpe 2017 cheap ffxiv gold nike tn 2017 Homme new balance rouge et bleu marine Travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the presenter. Canada Goose Expedition Parka Asics Gel Nimbus 18 Homme Parajumpers Californian Newport Nike Air Max Dames Goedkoop
Submit proposals electronically by November 30, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Black Belt African American Genealogical and Historical Society, Inc. new balance femme Nike Free homme nike pas cher Nike Free 5.0 Homme
Maglie Detroit Pistons at: BBAAGHS, Inc. Nike Air Huarache Femme Parajumpers Masterpiece Passport adidas neo daily team homme New Balance Pas Cher Solde Adidas P.O.
Last 5 posts by Webmaster
- Another Successful Conference! - October 19th, 2017
- Annual Conference at the Library on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - October 9th, 2017
- Black History Month Photo Exhibit - October 9th, 2017
- Genealogy on the Spot Event - November 15th, 2015
- Thanks for Your Support - October 25th, 2015